Sat, 02 Mar|
K& B Sewing Machines, Romsey
Sewing lover silver clay workshop (Book through KBsewingmachines.co.uk), Romsey (1)
This workshop is held at K&B sewing machines in Romsey. Go to www.kbsewingmachines.co.uk for more information and to book or pop in the shop and speak to Katie.
Time & Location
02 Mar 2024, 10:00 – 14:00 GMT
K& B Sewing Machines, Romsey, K&B Sewing Machines Unit 24B, Romsey Industrial Estate, Greatbridge Rd, Romsey Hampshire SO51 0HR
About the Event
THIS WORKSHOP IS AVAILABLE TO BOOK ON KBSEWINGMACHINES.CO.UK. TO BOOK GO TO THEIR WEBSITE OR POP IN THE SHOP.
This workshop is help in the lovely K&B Sewing Machines shop and workshop space in Romsey.
K&B Sewing Machines
Unit 24B, Romsey Industrial Estate,
There is plenty of parking on site.
Timings: 10am – 2pm
At this workshop you will learn how to create your own amazing silver jewellery using everyday tools and easy to obtain materials. You will be using the alchemy of silver clay - a magical and eco-friendly material: Real silver in clay form that can be modelled and then fired to turn it into pure fine silver. It has taken the crafting world by storm in the past 20 years and its versatility and accessibility means it can be used by professional jewellery makers and hobbyists alike.
With simple step by step instructions your tutor Rebecca Oxenham will guide you through the design and making process using a combination of cutters and pre-made moulds to create your own silver button necklace and earring pieces. At this workshop you will not just learn a new skill but also come away with beautiful and truly uniquely personal pieces of jewellery that you can proudly wear and show off to all your friends.
Who should attend
This workshop is suitable for sewing lovers and people with no previous knowledge of working with silver clay or those with experience with other forms of jewellery making. It is even suitable for those with no experience yet of crafts or creative activities. Most important is a desire to learn and experiment with the materials.
What you will learn
At this workshop you will learn to;
- Work with the clay, sculping and forming
- Roll out and neatly cut the clay, make holes, and create texture
- Use pre-made moulds
- Sand and file to get a good finish prior to filing
- Fire your pieces
- Polish and get a good finish
- Attach a jump ring to a chain for a pendant or earrings
What is included?
- Silver clay - enough to make a pendant and/or drop earrings (depending on the size of your pieces)
- Findings (jump rings and ear wires)
- All equipment needed to make your jewellery
- A detailed step by step instruction booklet which you can take home
- Tea and coffee
- Chains are available to purchase separately
What you need to bring
- Glasses if you wear them - there is fine detailed work.
- Closed toe shoes to protect your toes in case you drop hot metal!
- Hairband or something to tie hair back while firing
- An apron. Alternatively wear clothes that you are happy to get dusty. Please avoid fluffy jumpers
Cost: £80. Deposit: £12 payable to KB Sewing Machines to secure your place. To book go to kbsewingmachines.co.uk