Southampton - Full day ring workshop (Intermediate)
Time & Location
About the Event
PLEASE NOTE If this workshop needs to canceled for Covid related reasons or you experience Covid symptoms, and so canot attend, we offer you the choice to transfer to an alternative date or receive a full refund. All social distancing and the necessary safety precautions and processes will be followed. More information about this will be provided prior to your attendance.
This workshop will have small numbers (max 3) and will be taught by a qualified silver clay tutor, Rebecca. This silver clay workshop is all about using silver clay to create beautiful rings.
Silver clay comes in a clay like form and is made up of recycled fine silver powder, an organic binder and water. It can be moulded and shaped like clay before being fired. The binder then burns away and your piece is transformed into a piece of fine silver jewellery. (Fine silver is composed of 99.9% pure silver, and it is a bit more expensive and better quality than sterling silver).
Silver clay offers a great introduction to silver jewellery making because you don't need to purchase lots of tools or equipment and it can easily be done on your kitchen table.
This is a small and relaxed class. At the end of the day we will celebrate with a glass of bubbly while. You’ll leave with a unique piece that you will have hand made and could make the perfect present or you can keep it for yourself.
What your will learn;
- Measuring and sizing ring your ring
- Calculating shrinkage of the silver
- Embedding CZ stones in your design
- Rolling and shaping the band using a mandrel
- Using pre-made moulds in your designs
- Polishing and finishing
- Celebrating with a glass of bubbly
What is included;
- 7-10g of silver clay (enough to make one ring)
- Up to 3 firable stones (lab grown diamond/ CZ stones) to include in your design
- All equipment needed in my studio to make your jewellery pieces
- An instruction sheet (which you can take home)
- As much tea and coffee as you can drink
- A glass of bubbly or non alcoholic fizz to celebrate the day
What you need to bring;
- A packed lunch and any extra drinks
- An apron if you have one
- Closed toe shoes
- Hairband (to tie hair back while firing)
- A mask (currently this is optional - however this may change depending on Government rules).
- Butterfly and flower rings£95£950£0