Sat, 10 Jun|
The garden studio
121 Private 3 hour workshop
This is a bespoke session which will include spot 24K gold electroplating and sea glass. Pay on the day
Time & Location
10 Jun 2023, 09:30 – 12:30 BST
The garden studio, Oaktree Rd, Southampton SO18, UK
About the Event
This is a 121 session bespoke workshop.
Tailored to you and cost £40ph plus your materials. (Silver clay is £17 per 7g). Normally students use 7g of silver clay for a 3 hour workshop or 14 g for a full day lasting 6 hours. We can plan the project in advance to make the best use of your time.
I can also include spot plating with 24K gold in my workshops (however, extra time will need to be allowed for this and if making pieces from scratch for the first time and I recommend covering this in a full day workshop). This would be an additional £10-15 per item to cover the 24K gold.
Below are some of the things I can cover in 121 workshops:
- Mould making
- Making 3D acorns and seed items (lump clay)
- Replica and oak leaves using art clay silver (lump clay)
- Embedded CZ gemstones
- Stone settings for cabochon stones or sea glass
- Rings using silver clay
- Silver stacking rings using silversmithing techniques
- Tiny silver clay shell embellishments and silver clay granulation (tiny silver balls)
- Granulation (silversmithing)
- Making replica leaves using art clay silver (clay paste)
- Sycamore seeds (with texture on both sides or one side) using art clay silver (clay paste)
- Fancy bail settings
- Fingerprint jewellery
- Making stud earrings (including soldering on the posts on the back)
- 24K Gold plating highlights using an electroplating pen
What you need to bring;
- An apron if you have one
- Closed toe shoes
- Hairband (to tie hair back while firing)
- Glasses if you wear them - there is a lot of detailed work.
LOCATION AND TRAVEL
The course is held at Rebecca's Garden Studio in Bitterne Park, Southampton. The workshop is held in the studio at the end of my garden on Oaktree Road, Southampton. Please knock on the front door on arrival and I will take you through to the studio. If you are late I will leave the side gate open so you can walk down and join us then.
Use SO18 1PH in your satnav or if using google maps just type in Rebecca Oxenham Jewellery. There is parking on Oaktree Road (if it gets busy there is also a car park close by on Manor Farm Road, near the junction of Dimond Road and next to Riverside Park).
Nearest train stations are Swathling, Bitterne, Southampton Parkway and Southampton Central. (If you are coming by train I can sometimes arrange pick up and drop off depending on availability - contact me in advance).
City Bus no 7 stops on the road a few yards from the venue and runs from the centre of Southampton.
Full joining instructions will be sent in advance of the course.
Cancellations of workshop places and private tuition bookings within 14 days of the event will forfeit the workshop/private tuition fee unless I am able to find someone to take your place. Please let me know as soon as possible if you are unable to attend.
121 workshop (Pay on the day)
Suitable for complete beginners - come and spend half a day making a beautiful solid silver pendant necklace or drop earrings.£0.00Sold Out
This event is sold out