Sat, 19 Feb|
19th February, Full day beginners silver clay workshop
Spend the day making a nature inspired silver charm necklace, or drop earrings . This is a small workshop taking a maximum of 4 students. Taking inspiration from the textures found in nature you will make your own unique pieces of jewellery.
Time & Location
19 Feb 2022, 10:00 – 15:50 GMT
Southampton, Oaktree Rd, Southampton SO18, UK
About the Event
This introductory silver clay workshop is all about using silver clay to create beautiful, unique pieces of jewellery.
Silver clay comes in a clay like form and is made up of recycled fine silver powder, an organic binder and water. It can be moulded and shaped like clay before being fired. The binder then burns away and your piece is transformed into a piece of fine silver jewellery. (Fine silver is composed of 99.9% pure silver, and it is a bit more expensive and better quality than sterling silver).
Silver clay offers a great introduction to silver jewellery making because you don't need to purchase lots of tools or equipment and it can easily be done on your kitchen table.
This is a small and relaxed class with no more than 5 students. At the end of the day we will celebrate with a glass of bubbly while. You’ll leave with a unique piece that you will have hand made and could make the perfect present or you can keep it for yourself.
What your will learn;
- The design processs
- Rolling and shaping and cutting
- Texturing techniques
- Attaching jump rings for a pendant or findings for earrings
- Polishing and finishing
- celebrate at the end with a glass of bubbly or non alcholic alternative
What is included;
- 7g of silver clay (enough to make one or two pieces of jewellery)
- Findings for your pieces that you make (ie jump rings, earring posts, wire for drop earrings)
- Choose from a 16 inch or 18 inch silver chain, necklace cord, earrings wires or keyring fixings
- All equipment needed in my studio to make your jewellery pieces
- An instruction booklet (which you can take home)
- As much tea and coffee as you can drink
- A glass of bubbly or non alcoholic fizz to celebrate the day
What you need to bring;
- A packed lunch and any extra drinks
- An apron if you have one
- Hairband (to tie hair back while firing)
There will be a break for lunch where you are welcome to eat your picnic in my studio, garden, decking or nearby Riverside park. There are also several cafe's and shops just a 5-10 minute walk away.
There is parking on Oaktree Road (if it gets busy there is also a car park close by on Manor Farm Road (near the junction of Dimond Road and next to Riverside Park).
Southampton - Beginners£120.00Sold Out
This event is sold out