Sun, 18 Jul|
Lasham, Alton, Hampshire
Alton - Full day beginners nature inspired silver jewellery using silver clay (£95)
MAX 6 STUDENTS. Come and spend the day making a nature inspired silver pendant necklace, a pair of drop earrings using silver clay. Taking inspiration from the textures of leaves and flowers you you will make your own unique pieces of jewellery. At the end we celebrate with a glass of bubbly.
Time & Location
18 Jul 2021, 10:00 – 16:00
Lasham, Alton, Hampshire, Lasham GU34, UK
About the Event
PLEASE NOTE If this workshop needs to canceled for Covid related reasons or you experience Covid symptoms, and so canot attend, we offer you the choice to transfer to an alternative date or receive a full refund. All social distancing and the necessary safety precautions and processes will be followed. More information about this will be provided prior to your attendance.
This introductory silver clay workshop is taught by a qualified silver clay instructor, Rebecca. This workshop is all about using silver clay to create beautiful, unique pieces of jewellery.
Silver clay comes in a clay like form and is made up of recycled fine silver powder, an organic binder and water. It can be moulded and shaped like clay before being fired. The binder then burns away and your piece is transformed into a piece of fine silver jewellery. (Fine silver is composed of 99.9% pure silver, and it is a bit more expensive and better quality than sterling silver).
Silver clay offers a great introduction to silver jewellery making because you don't need to purchase lots of tools or equipment and it can easily be done on your kitchen table.
This is a small and relaxed class. At the end of the day we will celebrate with a glass of bubbly while. You’ll leave with a unique piece that you will have hand made and could make the perfect present or you can keep it for yourself.
What your will learn;
- The design processs
- Rolling and shaping and cutting
- Texturing techniques
- Attaching jump rings for a pendant or findings for earrings
- Polishing and finishing
- Wrapping and celebrating with a glass of bubbly
What is included;
- 7g of silver clay (enough to make one or two pieces of jewellery)
- Findings for your pieces that you make (ie jump rings, earring posts, wire for drop earrings)
- Sterling silver chain or earrings wires
- All equipment needed in my studio to make your jewellery pieces
- An instruction sheet (which you can take home)
- As much tea and coffee as you can drink
- Tissue paper and pillow box for wrapping up each of the pieces you make
- A glass of bubbly or non alcoholic fizz to celebrate the day
What you need to bring;
- A packed lunch and any extra drinks
- An apron if you have one
- Closed toe shoes
- Hairband (to tie hair back while firing)
- A mask (currently this is optional - however this may change depending on Government rules).
The event is held in Lasham (In the same building of the Natural Cook Company and Symes Kitchens). Lasham is located between Alton and Basingstoke. There will be a break for lunch where you need to bring a packed lunch. There is plenty of parking outside of the venue.
Jewellery Making Workshop£95.00+£2.38 service fee