Sun, 29 Oct|
Southampton - Full day silver clay ring workshop
Come and spend the day making a fine silver ring embellished with little shells, pearls or embedded fireable gem stones using silver clay. At the end you will celebrate with a glass of bubbly.
Time & Location
29 Oct, 10:00 – 15:30
Southampton, Oaktree Rd, Southampton SO18, UK
About the Event
This workshop will have small numbers (max 4) and will be taught by a qualified silver clay tutor, Rebecca. This silver clay workshop is all about using silver clay to create beautiful rings.
Silver clay comes in a clay like form and is made up of recycled fine silver powder, an organic binder and water. It can be moulded and shaped like clay before being fired. The binder then burns away and your piece is transformed into a piece of fine silver jewellery. (Fine silver is composed of 99.9% pure silver, and it is a bit more expensive and better quality than sterling silver).
Silver clay offers a great introduction to silver jewellery making because you don't need to purchase lots of tools or equipment and it can easily be done on your kitchen table.
This is a small and relaxed class. At the end of the day we will celebrate with a glass of bubbly while. You’ll leave with a unique piece that you will have hand made and could make the perfect present or you can keep it for yourself.
What your will learn;
- Measuring and sizing ring your ring
- Calculating shrinkage of the silver
- Embedding CZ stones or attaching a peal in your design
- Rolling and shaping the band using a mandrel
- Using pre-made moulds in your designs
- Polishing and finishing
- Celebrating with a glass of bubbly
-Tea coffee and biscutes
What is included;
- 7g of silver clay (enough to make one ring)
- Additional silver clay in paste form
- Firable stone or pearl to include in your design
- All equipment needed in my studio to make your jewellery pieces
- An instruction sheet (which you can take home)
- As much biscuites, tea and coffee as you can drink
- A glass of bubbly or non alcoholic fizz to celebrate the day
What you need to bring;
- Glasses if you wear them - there is some fine detailed work
- A packed lunch and any extra drinks
- An apron is optional - please avoid fluffy jumpers or dry clean only delicate clothing.
- Closed toe shoes because we will be handling hot clay
- Hairband to tie hair back while firing
- Minimum age: 15 (under 18s must be accompanied by a participating adult)
- There is no wheelchair access to the workroom which is at the end of the garden
- There is parking on the road (if it gets busy there is also a car park close by on Manor Farm Road
- Cancellation and a full refund can be obtained up to 2 weeks before the course starts.
- Minimum numbers to run: 2
- Maximum numbers: 4
- Suitable for beginners or those with more experience
Cancellations of workshop places and private tuition bookings within 14 days of the event will forfeit the workshop/private tuition fee. Please let me know as soon as possible if you are unable to attend. See my Workshop Terms & Conditions
Silver clay ring
Come and make a ring using the alchemy of silver clay.£140.00