TEXTURED LEAF USING SILVER CLAY PASTE 10 AM TO 1 PM (£65)
Time & Location
About the Event
PLEASE NOTE due to Covid-19 social distancing and the necessary safety precautions and processes must be followed. More information about this will be communicated prior to your attendance.
This workshop is an ideal follow on workshop from the beginners workshop or could be done by a complete beginner. In this workshop you will use silver clay paste to learn the technique of painting a leaf, flower petal or sycamore seed. Silver clay paste is a wonderful medium for capturing fine details in leaves and petals. This workshop would be ideal for preserving a leaf or petal from a special bouquet such as a wedding bouquet. This workshop includes 10g of silver clay paste and 16-inch trace chain. This workshop is most suitable for those who have used silver clay before or have already done the the beginners workshop If you are unsure please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This class is relaxed and has a maximum of 4 students. It takes place in my garden studio in Southampton. You’ll leave with a hand made piece of jewellery to give as presents or keep for yourself.
You will start the day with tea and coffee on arrival as we introduce ourselves. This will be followed by learning about silver clay paste, before choosing your leaf (from a selection on the table or you may have brought some leaves or flowers). You then get hands painting the leaf, drying, firing before finishing and polishing. You will then wrap up your very own piece of jewellery using the tissue paper provided, and enjoy a glass of fizz to toast your efforts at the end!
What your will learn;
- What to look for in textures of the leaf
- painting the leaf
- Attaching jump rings for a pendant or findings for earrings
- Polishing and finishing
-At the end we celebrate wtith a glass of bubbly.
What is included;
- 10g of silver clay paste (enough to make one or two pieces of jewellery)
- Findings for your pieces that you make (ie jump rings, earring posts, wire for drop earrings)
- Leather cord
- Sterling silver chain
- All equipment needed in my studio to make your jewellery pieces
- An instruction sheet (which you can take home)
- As much tea, coffee and biscutes as you can eat and drink
- A glass of bubby or non alcoholic fizz to celebrate at the end
What you need to bring;
- Any leaves or flowers you might want to use (there will also be leaves you can use in the garden)
- An apron if you have one
- Closed toe shoes
- Hairband (to tie hair back while firing)
There is parking on the road or there is a car park very close by on Manor Farm Road (close to Dimond Road).
- Textured Leaf Pendant Workshop£75£750£0