There is something quite lovely about these winged seeds which come spiralling down like little helicopters on a breezy autumn day. These winged fruits are also known as samaras, keys or in the UK they are sometimes affectionately referred to as ‘helicopters'. I remember myself as a child using them in flying competitions with my sisters, throwing them up and watching them twizle down to the ground.
In Wales, sycamore trees were used in the traditional craft of making 'love spoons', decoratively carved wooden spoons given as a romantic gesture. In many countries around the world sycamore trees are seen to symbolise protection, hope and longevity.
This beautiful sycamore seed replica was made by hand using recycled fine silver. It has the lovely texture of the seed on both sides.
It comes with a 16 inch sterling silver curb chain or you can upgrade to a 18 inch or 20 inch chain.
Rebecca Oxenham's jewellery is heavily inspired by the sea and simple things in nature. With the environment’s best interests at heart, Rebecca is passionate about sustainability. She uses 925 recycled sterling silver for her designs and works with One Tree Planted to plant a tree for every product purchased.
Sycamore Seed Necklace - Silver
- Made from 100% recycled 925 sterling silver
- Approx 3.5 cm long x 1.3 cm at its widest point
- Weight 7g including the chain
- Handmade from my garden studio in Hampshire, England
- It comes with a 16 inch sterling silver curb chain or you can upgrade to a 18 inch or 20 inch chain
- It is supplied in a beautiful eco-friendly presentation box
- Complimentary polishing cloth
- One tree will be planted for every product sold