BEGINNERS SILVER CLAY WORKSHOP EXPERIENCE - £75.00 (NORMALLY £95)
Time & Location
About the Event
PLEASE NOTE due to Covid-19 social distancing and the necessary safety precautions and processes must be followed. More information about this will be communicated prior to your attendance. Maximum numbers are now just 6.
The Beginners Silver Clay Workshop is an experience you will treasure, with your memories forever captured in the jewellery you create! Silver clay offers a great introduction to silver jewellery making because you don't need to fork out for loads of tools or equipment and so what you learn can easily be put into practice on your kitchen table at home.
This class is relaxed and has a maximum of 6 students. It takes place in our Alton venue (near Lasham). You’ll leave with a hand made piece of jewellery to give as presents or keep for yourself.
You will start the day with tea and coffee on arrival as we introduce ourselves. This will be followed by learning about silver clay, before going on to create your design and then get hands on texturing, moulding, cutting and drying the silver clay. We will break for lunch (please bring a pack luch). In the afternoon you will learn how to fire the clay and the different finishes and polishing. You will then wrap up your very own piece of jewellery using the tissue paper provided, and enjoy a glass of fizz to toast your efforts at the end!
What your will learn;
- The design processs
- Rolling, shaping and cutting
- Texturing techniques
- Attaching jump rings for a pendant or findings for earrings
- Polishing and finishing
-At the end we celebrate wtith a glass of bubbly while we wrap up our lovely jewellery items
What is included;
- 7g of silver clay (enough to make one or two pieces of jewellery)
- Findings for your pieces that you make (ie jump rings, earring posts, wire for drop earrings)
- Leather cord
- Sterling silver chain
- All equipment needed in my studio to make your jewellery pieces
- An instruction sheet (which you can take home)
- As much tea and coffee as you can drink
- A glass of bubby or non alcoholic fizz to celebrate at the end
- Tissue paper and pillow box to wrap each of the pieces you make
What you need to bring;
- A packed lunch and any extra drinks
- An apron if you have one
- Closed toe shoes
- Hairband (to tie hair back while firing)
There will be a break for lunch for which you will need to bring a packed lunch.
There is plenty of parking outside the venue.
- Silver clay workshop£75£750£0