“great oaks from little acorns grow.”
A British 14th century proverb.
The acorn represents the cycle of the seasons, and is the seed from oak trees. Druids believed the consumption of an acorn would help them see the future. In addition the word Druid can be translated as ‘oak knowledge’.
Like a whispered little message, when worn the acorn is a reminder of your strength and potential.
This solid replica acorn was cast from a real acorn into recycled silver. The seed of the acorn has been plated in 24 carat gold. It comes with an 18 inch sterling silver curb chain. You can upgrade to a sterling silver 20 inch curb chain.
Both a medium and a small sized acorn necklace are available. The small acorn is 1 cm long x 0.7mm wide. The medium version is available here.
The necklace is supplied with an intention notelet to explain the symbolism of the acorn and is presented in a Rebecca Oxenham Jewellery box. For every sale a donation is made to One Tree Planted who plant a tree.
Rebecca Oxenham's jewellery is heavily inspired by the symbolism spirituality of nature. With the environment’s best interests at heart, Rebecca is passionate about sustainability. She uses 925 recycled sterling silver for her designs, uses FSC cardboard or recycled materials for the notelets and in her packaging. She also partners with One Tree Planted who plant a tree for every product purchased.
Small acorn necklace - gold highlights
- The pendant is approx 1 cm in length and 0.7 cm wide
- This is cast from an actual acorn and is an almost exact replica
- Made from 100% recycled 925 sterling silver
- The seed part of the acorn is plated in 24 carat gold
- Handmade from my garden studio in Hampshire, England
- It comes with an 18 inch sterling silver curb chain. You can upgrade to a 20 inch sterling silver curb chain
- It is supplied in a beautiful eco-friendly presentation box (produced using FSC®-certified cardboard) and notelet
- Complimentary polishing cloth
- One tree will be planted for every product sold